Guest Speaker: The Hon Tim Wilson MP, Assistant Minister to the Minister for Industry, Energy and Emissions Reduction
Topic: “Australia Towards 2050”
Since being elected in 2016 he has had a high-impact Parliamentary career. He was a key protagonist against ratifying an Extradition Treaty with China, fought strongly in favour of marriage for same-sex couples, improved medical privacy protection under the MyHealth system, and led a nationwide inquiry against Labor’s ‘retiree tax’ that was a key contributor to the Coalition’s 2019 election victory.
Prior to serving in Parliament, he was Australia’s Human Rights Commissioner. In that role he worked with the government to reform laws to prevent terrorism while preserving civil liberties, improving economic opportunities for indigenous Australians, as well as standing up for free speech while protecting marginalised communities.
Date: Friday 12 November 2021
Venue: The Kelvin Club, 14–30 Melbourne Place
(East-side of Russell Street between Little Collins & Bourke)
Time: 12:30 pm for 12:40 pm
RSVP: COB Wednesday 10 November 2021
|REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS: MEMBERS: $50 GUESTS: $68 Credit card payment and reservation can be made via Trybooking Link Please note that a booking fee of $2.30 will apply when using Trybooking.|
- Non-members and family are welcome.
- Dress code is business casual, no denim.
- Please advise dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Due to catering requirements, payment will be required despite non-attendance or csncellastion after the RSVP date.
- This document will become the tax invoice for GST prposes when payment is made; the amount exludes GST.