Mr Ted Yencken, Executive Chairman
& Group Director: Probuild Constructions (Aust) Pty Ltd
How to thrive with a new South African parent and associated stories
Date: Friday 7 November 2014
Venue: The Kelvin Club 14-30 Melbourne Place
Time: 12:30 pm for 12:40 pm
Ted Yencken is highly respected within the construction and engineering industry, over the course of his career he has successfully lead numerous major projects. Currently, Ted is Executive Chairman and Group Director of The Probuild Group, a Victorian-based national construction and civil engineering company.
Probuild had a turnover of $100 million 14 years ago, prior to becoming an Australian subsidiary of Wilson Bayly Holmes Ovcon, a major South African construction company. Currently they have a budgeted turnover that exceeds $1.5 billion.
They are now a significant player in the construction industry nationally. Victorian projects currently under construction include:
- Chadstone and Eastland Shopping Centres
- South Eastern Water’s head office
- Numerous large residential tower projects
Additional topics that Ted will cover:
- Union involvement in the construction industry
- The delivery of the Northern Stand at the MCG, and
- The impact of Asian markets upon the Australian construction industry